Sinfonia Lahti - Lahti Symphony Orchestra
The Lahti Symphony Orchestra is a dynamic, innovative orchestra maintained by the Finnish city of Lahti. Major functions are, in addition to offering audiences a wide range of concerts, touring, recording and education. Its home is the Sibelius Hall, famous for its magnificent acoustics. The orchestra, together with its Principal Conductor Dima Slobodeniouk, seeks to recruit first-class players with good team-working skills.
The Lahti Symphony Orchestra invites applications for the position of
The salary, including the individual pay component and recording supplement is 3464–3741 € per month. Work starts at August 17th, 2020.
The alternating leader, together with the leader, is responsible for rehearsing, supervising and developing the string sections, maintaining his/her soloistic skills as required by the orchestral repertoire, and providing advice on obtaining assistant and substitute players for the First Violin section. When the leader is absent, the alternating leader performs the solo violin parts in orchestral works, assists the conductors in artistic matters when necessary, and directs the orchestra’s tuning before rehearsals and performances. When selecting a player for this post, we will attach importance to his/her experience in similar positions, and to good collaborative and interactive skills.
- Choose the other of the following:
- Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 4 in. D KV218; 1st and 2nd with cadenza or
- Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 5 in A KV219; 1st and 2nd with cadenza
- Romantic concerto of the applicant´s own choice: all the movements
- Orchestral excerpts for the second day of audition:
- Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade op.35
- Johannes Brahms: Symphony no. 1 op.68, 2nd mvt
- Richard Strauss: Don Juan op.20
- Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphony no. 9 op.70, 1st mvt
- Jean Sibelius: The Lover -suite, 3rd mvt ”Good evening”
- A. Mozart: Symphony no. 40 KV550, 1st mvt
- Sebastian Fagerlund: Drifts, Bar numbers 131-221
- Johann Sebartian Bach: St. Matthew Passio “Erbarme Dich”
The orchestral music excerpts can be downloaded at www.sinfonialahti.fi > ENG > Orchestra > Open Vacancies.
Auditions at March 6th - 7th, 2020
- The orchestra will choose the participants to the audition based on the information in the applications
- Invitations to the audition will be sent on Thursday February 13th, 2020.
- The orchestra may invite the candidates directly to the second round.
- The Audition will be arranged as followed:
- It will be held in the Kalevi Aho Hall of the Lahti Music Institute (Hämeenkatu 4, Lahti) on March 6th, 2020 from 11 a.m. onwards.
- Those, admitted to the final round, will lead the Orchestra at the Lahti Sibelius Hall’s main hall (Ankkurikatu 7, Lahti) on Saturday March 7th from 11 a.m. onwards.
- Closing date for applications is Wednesday February 12th, 2020. Please fill in your application primarily at www.kuntarekry.fi (fill into the box “263638” and “ETSI”) or secondarily please send it by email to audition[at]lahti.fi
- Application must give all the following information
- full contact details (home address, email and telephone number)
- brief Curriculum vitae
- work details you intend to play as the works of your own choice (which Mozart and Romantic concerto)
- please inform, whether you wish to use accompanist provided by the orchestra.
Should a present member of the orchestra be appointed to the post, his or her successor may be selected at this same audition. The selected person must present an acceptable medical certificate before signing the employment contract, and a trial period (6 months) is assigned to the selected person. The city of Lahti is a smoke-free working place.
Maija Kylkilahti, Deputy General Manager, audition[at]lahti.fi
+358 50 518 4597
Deputy General Manager
+358 50 518 4486
+358 50 518 4595
Virpi Moskari, dep. until 16.1.2021
+358 50 518 4568
+358 50 518 4596
+358 44 716 1737
+358 50 518 4569
+358 50 518 4487
+358 50 559 4028
Size 67 musicians
Sibelius Hall, 1229 seats
+358 0600 39 3949